Memorials & Tributes
Make a gift. Save a life.
Honor the memory of a loved one by giving the gift of hope and love, or celebrate the life of a friend or relative by making a contribution to UF Health in lieu of flowers. There are many ways that you can help make a difference in the lives of our patients:
- Make a donation and designate which area you would like your gift to support – patient care, research, education, building and renovation, etc. UF Health will notify the person or their family.
- Set up group donations, including an online donation site. To do so, please contact Jennifer Tyler with the following:
- Your name;
- Name of the person you would like to honor;
- Contact information of the family or person who should be notified of the gift;
- Where you would like the gifts directed.
- Include memorial gift information in obituaries. Sample sentences include:
- “In lieu of flowers, please honor ‘MR. SMITH’s’ memory by making a donation to UF Health Shands Hospital Gifts may be mailed to UF Health Office of Development, P.O. Box 100386, Gainesville, FL 32610. *Please indicate on your gift that it is directed to UF Health Shands Hospital and that it is in MR. SMITH’s memory.
- “Gifts in memory of ‘MR. SMITH’ may be made to UF Health Shands Hospital by mailing to UF Health Office of Development, P.O. Box 100386, Gainesville, FL 32610.” *Please indicate on your gift that it is directed to UF Health Shands Hospital and that it is in MR. SMITH’s memory.
For more information, please contact Jennifer Tyler, Development Associate, at email@example.com or 352-265-7275.